panorama destination

panorama destination

China Removes Travel Warning to Bali
29 December 2017 | Panorama Destination

China has lifted its official travel warning, imposed on Bali since the volcanic eruptions at the island’s Mount Agung volcano back in November. A number of flights from China to Bali had been suspended due to the travel status issued by the Chinese Government. Chinese and Taiwanese airlines serving direct flights to Bali include Air China, China Southern, Eva Air, Xiamen Airlines and China Eastern.

“The ban has been lifted. As per December 26, 2017, all airlines can fly to Bali,” confirmed Vinsensius Jemadu, the Deputy Assistant for Asia Pacific Market Development in Indonesia’s Tourism Ministry on Thursday, 28th December 2017. China’s intention to remove the ban had been iterated shortly before Christmas by China Committee DPP Asita Candra Halim.

China’s change in stance follows assurances from Indonesia’s government, disaster agency, meteorological department and various experts that the island no longer poses a threat of disruption to flights. Coordinating Minister for Political and Security Affairs Puan Maharani confirmed that the condition of tourism in Bali and its surrounding areas has fully recovered and is ready to receive tourists who will celebrate Christmas and New Year 2018.

“I invite the tourists do not hesitate to visit Bali to enjoy the moment of Christmas and New Year 2018. Bali is very safe and ready to receive tourists,” said Puan at the Cabinet Limited Meeting in Hotel Werdhapura, Sanur Bali, on Friday, 22nd December 2017.

Tourists are returning to Bali and many hotels in the affected Karengasem area have begun to re-open. “The condition of tourism in general in Bali is normal,” said the minister. “Everything is ready to receive the domestic and foreign tourists who will enjoy the holidays in the framework of Christmas and New Year 2018,” she continued. Unaffected areas, such as the major Bali tourism hotspots of Ubud, Kuta, Sanur, Uluwatu, Benoa and Nusa Dua have all remained open and operating as normal throughout this time.

China contributes the highest number of annual foreign tourists to Bali, accounting for around 26 percent of all international visitors to the island. Around 1.3 million Chinese tourists chose Bali for their holiday destination between January and October 2017. With the travel warning lifted and Bali open for business as usual, it is hoped that at least as many will choose Bali again in 2018.